December 20, 2017
1. Want to avoid the cold and snow after school? The track team will clear vehicles for you! $2.00 a car or small crossovers and $3.00 SUV, Truck, or Van. Season passes are available for $20.00 for cars and small crossovers. Large SUV’s, Trucks and Vans are $25.00 for the season pass. Please see Coach Becker, Bertuca, or Bobalik to sign-up or if you have any questions.
2. Our next “Be the Change” activity is this Friday. Students must have 30 Be the Change tickets and be off ZAP in order to participate. Students please remember if you are on ZAP you LOSE 1 change ticket EVERYDAY unless you turn in ALL your work to the ZAP box or attend the morning ZAP work sessions. Please check the ZAP list posted by the middle school office every day to see if you’re on the list.
3. Attention all students – Quiz Bowl season is beginning soon! High school students can sign-up with Ms. Rall and middle school students can sign-up with Ms. Doorlag. Please see these teachers for more details.
4. Attention high school students. The second ever “Clipped Tournament” will begin January 15th, after we return from break. You can begin to sign up with Mr. Smith starting tomorrow until the end of the week, and the first week that we are back from break. Entry will be five dollars, with a cash prize going to first and second place, so be sure to up your sneak game over break, to take home that sweet, sweet money.
5. Attention all 7th and 8th Grade girls interested in playing basketball. Practices begin the week we get back from Christmas break, and there will be a short informational meeting in Mr. Farmer’s room the last 10 minutes of the day on Thursday. Please plan to attend.
6. In addition, All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys and girls interested in wrestling this year, practices begin the week we return from Christmas break, and there will be a brief informational meeting the last 10 minutes of the day on Thursday with Mr. Farnquist, in the weight room. Please plan to attend.
7. Congratulations 2018 Mr. Bloomingdale, Albert Rawson! Great Job!
8. Attention wrestlers: Mrs. Paquette will have your pre-meet meal ready in the cafeteria by 3:15. Please report to the cafeteria no later than 3:15 .
9. The Boys Varsity Basketball Team had a great practice on Monday to prepare for last night’s 51-39 victory over Marcellus. Before the game, they talked through what they had learned in practice on Monday and did a great job as a team carrying out their game plan. When Michael Ellis got hurt early in the game, Tyler Starbuck, Eric Gumpert and Tim Douglas did a great job stepping up. Tyler Campbell had 13 points and was a beast, JoJo’s play was much improved, and Karl was Karl with 18 points. Have another great practice today guys’ as you get ready for Decatur tomorrow and good luck to the J.V. teams and Wrestling team tonight as they all play at home. Go Cardinals!
10. Attention all students, do not forget to bring in your money to buy a special friend a Candy Gram. You can purchase a candy gram during your lunches or by seeing Mr. Gomez. Money raised will be for the Leukemia Foundation. You have until the end of tomorrow to purchase one. Please see Mr. Gomez for any questions you may have.